THE OILS FROM FUR HAVE A DISTINCTIVE ODOR. Have you ever gone into someone’s home that smells like “dog” or “cat”? All pets secrete an oily residue that gets on your furnishings.
EVER TRIED DOING IT YOURSELF??? Cleaning up pet accidents are not fun. It’s advised to call a professional such as Pride Cleaning & Restoration to deal with pet accidents. It’s better to use paper towels to absorb, and scoop up the solids with a spoon…as much as possible then call us for further advice at 1-888-838-5868.
Some animals literally use your carpets as a toilet. While unpleasant to think about, it is true. Most very young and old animals have “accidents”. The trouble is, for every time you know they defecate or urinate on the carpet, they probably are going 2-3 as many times! Urine is a menace to your furnishings because it destroys fibers and resists cleaning processes because of a waxy, sticky residue that is left after the moisture evaporates.
In many instances, the carpet is soaked with urine clear through to the backing and pad. This is where the majority of contamination issues cause problems because it’s impossible to remove the deeply embedded deposits from the surface without professional help.
We’ve even seen cases where a pet has wiped and dragged its butt across the carpet, leaving a trailing fecal residue. It’s very gross – but not keeping the carpet clean is even worse!
Litter boxes are the source of strong odors. They must be changed frequently or the odor from feces and urine can be overpowering.
Call Pride Cleaning & Restoration 314.664.8844
Pet Odor & Stain Problem Resolution:
- OPTION 1: EITHER GET RID OF OR DON’T OWN A PET. Not an option! Can you imagine NOT having your pet? Of course not!
- OPTION 2: EVALUATE THE CONDITIONS. You can’t solve your pet stain problems without knowing the scope of the damage. You need a qualified professional to help you with this.
At Pride Cleaning & Restoration of St. Louis, we offer an evaluation service. We will use special urine detection equipment to locate the spots and ascertain the severity of the damage. We will show you what we find and offer you a number of options to remedy the situation.
To resolve pet urine problems effectively, each and every spot must be identified and cleaned properly.
YOUR OPTIONS FOR PET SPOT AND ODOR REMOVAL:
- LIGHT TO MODERATE DEPOSITS: Surface cleaning is for light to moderate urine contamination where the backing and padding has not been saturated, a surface cleaning process is acceptable.
We pretreat all the spots and stains with special urine pre-conditioner to dissolve the urine solids.
Because pets track their urine messes onto other areas of the carpets, we think that it’s a good idea to disinfect the whole carpet!
With the Ultimate Protection option, we apply a non-toxic protective finish to make your carpets more resistant to staining and soiling in the future and give you an opportunity to clean up yourself more effectively. This is an important consideration for those with animals who may be apt to repeat their “accidents”.
- MODERATE TO HEAVY CONTAMINATION: Once the carpet and pad are contaminated with urine, you have 3 options
- Option 1: Sub-Surface Extraction (80-90% Successful). From the top side of the carpet, we pour a special cleaning solution on the urine spots, liquefying the urine deposits deep into the padding and backing. Next, we utilize a powerful deep-extraction tool to remove the cleaning products and urine deposits. Finally, we clean and sanitize the rest of the carpets as usual. The cost of sub-surface extraction is $45/area (30” circle). A discount for four or more areas applies.
- Option 2: Guaranteed Odor Removal (98% Successful). Pull up the carpet and replace contaminated padding Seal the floor, clean the back side of the carpet, let dry Then seal the tuft bind (back side) to seal out any remaining residue (encapsulation) Next, we clean the top side and deodorize, followed by re-installation Costs are generally ½ to 2/3 the cost of replacement with a quality carpet.
- Option 3: Replacement (100% Successful). If replacement is your choice, you must thoroughly clean the sub-floor and disinfect/seal it properly. We perform this service and we also sell & install quality replacement carpets! Cost varies depending on carpet and installation circumstances.
If you have Pet Odor issues in your St. Louis home, whatever the issues, no matter the size, give Pride Cleaning & Restoration a call at 314.664.8844, we would be glad to advise and help.