Mold may be found almost anywhere. This tough creature can live both indoors and outdoors. Despite the fact that mold may give numerous benefits. The first antibiotic – penicillin, a range of tasty foods like cheese, and functions as a natural breakdown agent of organic waste, mold creates difficulties for many of us. Mold is not all the same, and certain types are more dangerous than others. In this post, we’ll look at common household molds, how they affect your health and how to get rid of them.
How Household Molds Affects Your Health
Molds of many kinds can cause a variety of respiratory issues. Some persons who are allergic to mold will have a reaction and those who are sensitive will have a more visible reaction. Some molds are more hazardous than others and can cause serious health issues; those that contain a substance called mycotoxin can be deadly if breathed.
Household molds can produce the following symptoms:
- Throat problems
- Nasal problems like congestion, runny nose, and sneezing.
- Difficult and wheezy breathing
- Frequent cough
- Worsening allergy symptoms
- Rash on the skin
- Red and irritated eyes
- Asthma attacks
Those most vulnerable to health issues caused by household molds include:
- People with allergies, asthma, or other respiratory problems
- People with immune systems compromised by HIV, chemotherapy medications, or recent organ transplants
- Younger children and babies
Various Household Molds
A large spore mold that can accumulate in the nose, mouth, and upper respiratory tract, resulting in an allergic reaction. It is commonly found inside carpets, fabrics, house dust, and possibly wet places such as window frames and showers. It can also be present in plant soil.
Typically seen in warmer climates in regions of water damage or severe dampness. Aspergillus species can also be found in household dust. Many species generate mycotoxins, which have been linked to illness in people and animals. This can be also present in construction materials, autumn leaves, and decaying stuff such as compost piles.
The most common outdoor fungus, yet it may readily infiltrate the house via the HVAC and other airflow entryways. Cladosporium has an interior species that grows on fabrics, wood, and other porous, moist environments. Hay fever and asthma symptoms are triggered by both indoor and outdoor species.
A very common mold that is known to induce allergies, hay fever, and asthma. Species can be discovered growing on wallpaper, wallpaper adhesive, and rotting textiles in water damaged buildings or residences. It can also be found in carpet and internal fiberglass duct insulation. Some species are capable of producing mycotoxins.
This is a very toxic black mold that generates airborne toxins that can cause severe breathing difficulties, memory and hearing loss, disorientation, flu-like symptoms, and pulmonary hemorrhage. Stachybotrys is a slimy black mold that requires a lot of moisture to grow, often running water. Fortunately, stachybotrys is the least common of the household molds.
Getting Rid Of Household Molds
Molds in the home are frequently visible with the naked eye, making mold testing unnecessary. They can have a leathery, velvety, or fuzzy texture, be any color ranging from white to black or yellow to green, or appear as a stain or discoloration. If you notice mold blooming or smell an “off,” musty odor, you must take action to remove the mold and the moisture problem that allowed it to grow. Tiny mold spots may be cleaned up or eliminated without the assistance of a professional.
Obviously, you don’t want to expose yourself to health risks from mold exposure when cleaning it up, so take precautions. To avoid mold spores from spreading throughout your home, wear a long sleeved shirt and long pants, safety goggles, and rubber gloves, and keep moldy objects confined. A few simple actions will eliminate household molds and prevent them from growing on your home’s surfaces in the future:
Remove The Household Mold
Get rid of the mold by removing anything it is growing on such as carpets and padding, furniture and textiles, paper, and wood should all be thoroughly packed and discarded if mold is present.
Clean All Usable Areas Thoroughly
If the mold is on a non-porous surface, just scrub the item with hot water, a brush, and a mold and mildew cleanser or detergent. Make certain that everything is completely dry.
Keep The Moisture Away
Determine what caused the area in your home to get moist, creating an excellent breeding environment for mold. Then safely repair the damage.
Serious water issues that might attract mold, such as a clogged sewage system or water tainted with bacteria, should be treated by a specialist. When selecting a qualified contractor to clean up and remove mold from your house, seek for someone who has particular mold removal experience or call Pride Cleaning And Restoration. Pride Cleaning And Restoration is the leader in water damage restoration, fire damage restoration services, and household mold removal services in the St. Louis region.
Mold, unlike invisible health concerns in your home like asbestos or radon, frequently manifests itself with a distinct odor or spreading discoloration. If you act quickly, you can typically address this problem and keep your house healthy.
A Household Molds Removal Company Serving St. Louis, MO
Call Pride Cleaning And Restoration, Inc. at (314) 668-1223 today for 24 hour water damage restoration, fire damage restoration, or mold remediation along with any of our other services or get an instant quote from our website. Our Molds Removal Company will get to your Missouri home and help you get rid of your household molds in 30 to 60 minutes.
Wondering what are the common causes of mold? Read more here.