Pride Cleaning & Restoration is a water damage restoration company that has provided residential and commercial water damage cleanup since 1987 (over 30 years). Our team has the experience to guide you through the entire process, from water damage inspection to total restoration. As the #1 water mitagation company in University City MO, our team of experts are available 24/7. We can even work with your insurance company to make the process go as smoothly as possible. If your home or commercial building has sustained any amount of water damage, contact us today!
Why Choose Us?
- Free estimates
- Available 24/7
- 60 minute rapid response
- Fully licensed & insured
- We work with your insurance company
Get A Free Quote By Calling (314) 668-1223
No matter how big or small your damage is, PRIDE can effectively dry and restore things back to normal in a timely manner. Our certified technicians are capable of identifying the best drying solution to suit your specific needs and get the water extraction process started.
Pride Cleaning and Restoration can also take care of any home or business water damage restoration project:
- Structural Drying caused by water– We can handle a small room to a home, or even a commercial building.
- Contents Drying – Some memories are just too important to be discarded.
- Specialty Drying – Hardwood Flooring, Concrete, Confined Space, Crawl Spaces
- Emergency Services – Board Up, Tarp Over, Temporary Electricity
Water damage restoration is not a DIY job and requires a team that has expereince to effectively cleanup your home. Doing water cleanup yourself is not safe and may even take longer than it should. This is why we highly recommend you contact a damage restoration company in University City, MO, if your home has water damage from pipe breaks, storm damage, or flood.
FACTORS THAT PREDISPOSE UNIVERSITY CITY TO WATER DAMAGE
The city of University City is home to 34,629 residents or 15,904 households. Every day, 14,000 Americans experience a water damage emergency at home or at work. By the same logic, it follows that about 2 people experience a water damage emergency in University City, Missouri every single day. According to Insurance Information Institute, about 1 in 60 insured homes has a property damage claim caused by water damage or freezing each year. The impact of water damage can be far-reaching. What can start as small water infiltration into your home can lead to full mold infestation and the need to replace expensive items such as furniture and drywall. Mold grows fastest between 77°F and 86°F when the relative humidity is above 55%. Historically, the area has a daily mean temperature of 81.9ºF and the relative humidity ranges from 70%-78% year-round.
Therefore locals in University City should especially be wary of water intrusions because they can foster mold growth. In addition to their unpleasant musty odor, molds also pose a risk to human health. When you exclude overflowing gutters and leaky pipes, flood damage and storm damage are the most significant water-related risks American people face. University City commonly has its precipitation in the form of rain. March 20 to September 11 is the wetter season, which has a greater than 28% chance of rain every day. Rainy days are most common in May, with an average of 12.2 days with at least 0.04 inches. The area of University City has an elevation of 531 feet. Although it is important to remember that floods can occur virtually anywhere, regardless of elevation. Rivers and coastal flooding aren’t the only things that can cause flooding.
Heavy rains, bad drainage, and other things can too. One inch of floodwater can actually cause up to $25,000 worth of damage to your home, according to FEMA. This isn’t surprising considering that water damage if left unattended, can cause structural wood to swell and split. And if you’re ever planning to sell your home in the future, water damage and mold can reduce your property’s resale value by up to 25%.
Water damage can be traumatic and stressful in an emergency situation and we understand this. That’s why we offer emergency water damage and emergency water cleanup services in University City MO. With one phone call, our team of experts are available to help you in an emergency situation 24/7. There’s no need to delay getting water damage help, that can only increase the amount of damage.
Looking for someone to help you with water damage or a water emergency? Let Pride help you. Our 24/7 services for water damage include everything listed below:
- Emergency Water Removal
- Flooded Basement Repair
- Frozen or Burst Pipe Repair
- Clogged Drain Overflow
- Water Removal and Extraction
- Ice Damming Services
- Sewage Removal and Cleanup
- Full-Service Flood Damage Cleanup
- Water Remediation
3 Classifications of Water Damage
- White, Grey and Black. Each presents its own degree of difficulty when it comes to Water Damage in Valley Park. White water is the water that comes into a business or resident for cleaning or consumption. Black water is the sewage that goes out. Grey water is somewhere in between the two.
- Water damage from broken pipes or overflown sinks are more of a nuisance and generally will not present any real danger to health and life. Grey Water, however, is often caused by dishwasher or washing machine leaks, or even sump pump failures and can contain certain types of contaminants which could lead to sickness and structural damage.
- Black Water is the worst of the three. It can contain dangerous bacteria and fungi. Black Water can come from any source. Most commonly an overflowing toilet or sewage pipe breaks. These types of condition require immediate action as soon as possible. The quicker the control and cleanup, the less likely the total loss of content and property. Black Water can prevent restoration if left untreated.
We suggest you take the following steps to help eliminate more severe structural damage or mold development.
- If the source is evident and safely accessible, shut off the main valve or close the window or door from which water is getting into the property.
- Remove all valuables that can be damaged.
- Remove furniture from the affected area.
- Move as much off the wet carpet or floor as possible, especially objects with metal or wooden legs or supports. These items will stain the carpet or hardwood floors when wet.
Don’t Delay – Call Pride for Immediate Water Damage Assistance!
Water damage waits for no one. Act now to prevent further damage and stress. Contact Pride Cleaning & Restoration at (314) 668-1223 for swift and effective damage restoration services in University City, MO. Your home deserves the best – trust Pride to protect it!
About University City, Missouri
Covering an area of 5.90 square miles, University City is a city in the state of Missouri. As of 2010, the city’s populations stands at over 35,371. University City is located in St. Louis County. University City is well known for its restaurants and entertainment in the Delmar Loop. University City is in close proximity to Forest Park.